How do you use Belgian Endive?
- Add raw endive to mixed green salads and dress with a mustard vinaigrette.
- Balance the bitterness with sweet in an endive salad with beets, apples, pears, walnuts, and orange segments.
- Slice lengthwise and brush with oil before lightly grilling.
- Separate the leaves and use them in place of chips for dips like guacamole.
- Use the individual leaves as a 'boat' for tuna salad, chicken salad or egg salad or any kind of grain & veggie based salads.
If you're getting the hang of eating more bitter greens, also check out this post about eating dandelion. Do you have a favorite bitter food? Share in the comments below!